At Advent, we’re constantly striving to expand our course content in order to provide prosecutors, judges, and probation officers new options for diversion, sentencing, and sanction applications for a wide range of offenders.
Our Level II Courses
Advent’s Level II courses are designed around Corrective Thinking, an evidence-based cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) treatment approach. Corrective Thinking is broken down into the following segments:
- Learning (Learning Styles | Punishment and Deterrence)
- Being (Positive Outlook | Self Worth)
- Living (Food Choices | Physical Activity Sleep | Stress)
- Knowing (Communication | Conflict | Challenges)
- Choosing (Decision Making | Behavior | Values and Goals)
- Doing (Final Review | Next Steps)
This treatment approach is then combined with offense-specific treatment for the following topics:
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse
- Anger Management
- Marijuana Use
- Theft and Shoplifting
- Underage Alcohol and Substance Abuse
Our Level II courses will be introduced throughout the remainder of 2019. Our first Level II Course, Marijuana, will be available in late October.
Ready to get started? You can review Advent’s eLearning programs with no costs or obligations for your organization. Reach out today for a trial account or a guided demonstration.